PLEASE NOTE: Today I start on one of the longest Training Trips as an Entrepreneur and a Consultant – from 21st Feb till 4th March. From tomorrow I would be conducting 6 training modules, covering 8 Training Days spanning 3 locations. There may be some locations where I may face Internet connectivity issues due to which TWTO Family may not be in circulation. Looking forward to your support as always.
REFLECTIONS OF LIFE (ROL) 147: RAKESH AND CHIKU
I don’t own a car, so for all my local transportation, I rely on taxis, autos and cycle rickshaws depending on the distance to be covered.
I am going to share this ROL about two taxi drivers, Rakesh and Chiku, who have become friends now, and whose services I regularly use.
These two have few things in common – they are extremely punctual, know Kolkata like the back of their hand and are great drivers. The similarity ends here.
This ROL is not about their similarities, but about their major difference.
- · Rakesh hardly talks, he only answers in monosyllables, that too to a question I ask. Chiku on the other hand, hardly stops talking. From the moment he starts the car, he starts too.
- · Chiku has something to say about everything. Mostly his conversation starts with “Arre Baba….. and then he rattles out something that has happened to him, or to someone else. Whatever he speaks… he speaks with extreme confidence and conviction.
- · He has a very good story telling method. He modulates his voice quite well. Due to his constant talking, one of my relations has named him FM STATION – which he appreciates.
- · Chiku always carries two news papers with him and he reads them cover to cover whenever he has the time – while waiting for me when I have gone for a meeting etc. He would then give his opinion about the news with his own mannerisms and ideas thrown in.
- · You would never have a dull moment with Chiku.
- · The best part with both of them is that both Rakesh and Chiku are extremely reliable and you can trust them both blindly.
- · So though I know they sometimes charge more, I don’t mind because of these qualities. They have never been late. If they cannot come, either they would tell me before hand or they would make alternative arrangements.
- · Finally I, along with my family don’t mind being taken for a ride (pun intended) by Rakesh and Chiku.
Reflections – When you trust someone, you don’t mind paying a bit more.