Fiscal deficit means_______ • The Fiscal Deficit is the difference bet
Right Answer is: C
• The Fiscal Deficit is the difference between total expenditure & total
receipts of government, excluding the receipts from borrowing.
• The formula for the Fiscal deficit is:
• Fiscal deficit = Total expenditure – Total receipts excluding borrowings
• It can be also said as the excess of total expenditure (capital and revenue) over the sum revenue and capital receipts including
• It is an important economic indicator.
• It is a measure of how much the government needs to borrow from the market to meet its expenditure when it does not have adequate resources.