What is the requirement of other members of the finance commission fix
Right Answer is: A
• Article 280 of the Constitution of India provides for a Finance Commission of India.
• Article 281 of the Constitution of India contains provisions related to the recommendations of Finance Commission of India.
• The Finance Commission of India consists of a Chairman & four other members.
• Their Qualifications & manner of selection are decided by the Parliament as authorized by the Constitution of India.
• Chairman: He should be a person having experience in public affairs.
• The Four members :
• One should be or have been qualified as High Court judge.
• One should have knowledge of finance & accounts of the government.
• One should have wide experience in financial matters and in administration.
• One should have special knowledge of economics.