Which among the following is NOT an example of Heavy industry? • A He
Right Answer is: D
• A Heavy industry is the one in which the raw materials as well as finished goods are heavy and bulky. It also includes machinery & equipments in manufacturing process. It is a capital intensive industry.
• Some examples of industries are:
• Metal melting like Iron & Steel industry
• Chemical manufacturing
• Textile production
• Machinery manufacturing etc.
• Pottery and brick making from clay is not a heavy industry.