Which five year plan recognized human development as the core of all d
| Which five year plan recognized human development as the core of all developmental efforts?
A. First Five year plan
B. Second Five year plan
C. Eighth Five Year Plan
D. Ninth Five year Plan
Right Answer is: C
- Eighth Five Year Plan recognized human development as the core of all developmental efforts.
- The eighth five-year plan can be called a “Rao and Manmohan Plan”.
- The Eighth plan started in April 1992. One of the major highlights was modernization of the industries. The plan was launched with twin objectives of alleviation of poverty and unemployment.
- This plan period saw the launching of many flagship programmes. In the 8th five year plan, the growth rate achieved was 6.8% against the target of 5.6%
- Eighth Five Year Plan India runs through the period from 1992 to1997 with the main aim of attaining objectives like modernization of the industrial sector, rise in the employment level, poverty reduction, and self-reliance on domestic resources.