Who is the current CAG of India? • The Office of CAG is an independen
Right Answer is: D
• The Office of CAG is an independent constitutional Office.
• He is the guardian of the public purse.
• His duty is to uphold the constitution of India & laws of Parliament in the field of financial administration.
• He is the head of Indian Audit & Accounts department.
• CAG is an agent of the Parliament & conducts audit of expenditure on behalf of the Parliament. He is responsible only to the Parliament of India.
• Article 148 to 151 of the Indian Constitution deals with the Office of CAG.
• Rajiv Mehrishi is the current CAG of India.
• Vinod Rai, VN Kaul & Shashikant Sharma are former CAGs of India.