Who was the Viceroy of British India during the Non-Cooperation Moveme
Right Answer is: A
• Lord Chelmsford (1916-1921) was the Viceroy of British India during the Non Cooperation Movement (1921-1922).
• The Non Cooperation Movement was the first mass based political movement under Mahatma Gandhi.
• It was endorsed at the annual session of the Congress held at Nagpur in 1920.
• Anti Rowlatt agitation, Jallianwala Bagh tragedy and Khilafat Movement were the main reasons for Non Cooperation Movement.
• During the reign of Lord Reading (1921-1926), the non-cooperation movement was withdrawn.