‘Why has the clock stopped?’ thought Peter. The given sentence is in i
Right Answer is: A
The given sentence is in interrogative form. Below are the steps to convert the sentence into indirect speech:
- “though” is an indication of wondering about something. So, it will change to “wondered”.
- Inverted commas (” “) are removed.
- The reported speech is in the form of WH-Question, so no conjunction is used before the question word. The question word itself works as a conjunction.
- Reported verb is made assertive; i.e. it is kept in the order of subject + verb.
- The sign of interrogation (?) is removed and full stop is used.
- The tense of the reported speech will change from present perfect tense to past perfect tense.
Option A is the correct answer as it follows these rules.